The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management accepts most health insurance plans. Many insurance companies have strict criteria for assessing bariatric surgery coverage. Please call the member services phone number on your insurance card to find out if your plan includes bariatric surgery benefits. For your convenience, here are the most common insurance codes:
- Primary diagnosis code: 278.01 for morbid obesity
- Surgery code for gastric bypass: 43644
- Surgery code for adjustable gastric banding: 43770
- Surgery code for vertical sleeve gastrectomy: 43775
- Surgery code for the biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: 43845
- Surgery code for gastric revision: 43860
Your insurance plan may require a referral or authorization to visit a specialist. If this is the case, please make the appropriate arrangements with your primary care physician. At the Bridges Center, we are happy to help you determine if our surgical weight loss program meets your insurance guidelines. Please call 602-251-8828 for more information.