Your health care team at The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management includes board-certified weight loss surgeons, as well as several other knowledgeable and specialized health care professionals who are dedicated to walking you through the weight loss journey in a healthy, positive way. Our team is driven to provide a superior patient-care experience that supports you in meeting your long-term health goals. We view bariatric surgery as the first big step into a totally new way of living. Here is how each member of our team helps you.
Our Surgical Weight Loss Team
- Board-certified bariatric surgeons: Many patients at The Bridges Center meet their weight loss surgeon for the first time at one of our weight loss seminars. At this time, patients learn about surgical weight loss options and the requirements of being a candidate. Our surgeons bring a unique approach to bariatric surgery by prioritizing education. Following the seminar, patients will have a one-on-one consultation with a weight loss surgeon. Surgeons at The Bridges Center take the time to get to know their patients and establish a relationship that will continue for many years post-op.
- Psychologists: The decision to undergo a surgical weight loss procedure may be one of the most important choices you ever make. The results of the procedure may affect everything from what you eat for lunch to your relationships with family and friends. Your psychologists at The Bridges Center will talk you through these potential post-op life changes. During the pre-surgical assessment, it is our goal to identify behaviors and environments that could lead to post-op challenges. We want to position you for a successful weight loss surgery, recovery and life.
- Registered nurse: Registered nurses will care for you in the hours or days (depending on the procedure) following your surgery. An RN may also assist during the procedure itself.
- Registered dietitian: A registered dietitian is a key component of your weight loss team. Immediately following surgery, you will begin a clear liquid diet (following physician clearance), later moving onto other liquids and soft foods. Your dietitian will discuss the details of this post-op diet, as well as the bigger picture of the diet you will need to follow for the rest of your life.
- Licensed practical nurse: Your nurse(s) at The Bridges Center will help with all the practical health needs you may have as you recover from weight loss surgery.
- Physical therapist: Oftentimes, patients must lose weight prior to undergoing weight loss surgery. Of course, exercise is absolutely necessary after having a procedure, as well. Your physical therapist can help you stay motivated and on-track in completing your weight loss goals through exercise.
- Patient advocates: Your patient advocate at The Bridges Center has a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the surgical weight loss process. The patient advocate represents your interests, working on your behalf to ensure you receive appropriate care every step of the way.
Ready to Learn More?
We want to make your experience as a surgical weight loss patient a positive one. If there is anything our team can do to improve your experience, please let us know. If you are ready to start the process, sign up for one of our free weight loss seminars in the East Valley – locations in both Phoenix and Mesa.